Monday, January 13, 2014

Best Saisons & Wilds of 2013

In what will hopefully become an annual tradition, below is a list of my favorite saisons and wilds from 2013.  These are my favorites that I had for the first time in 2013, and not necessarily those that were released in 2013, though that is the case for most of them.  I will also hopefully go back and create a list of my favorites from previous years based on my old reviews.  Doing that, I should be able to go back to 2009.

It was great to go back and remember all of these beers.  It's amazing how quickly breweries around America have been popping up with a focus on saisons and wild beers.  It's a trend I hope to see continue, and will hopefully be a part of myself someday.

The list:

01. Sante Adairius Saison Bernice
Sante Adairius Rusic Ales Saison Bernice, my favorite
saison/wild of 2013.  A beautiful beer fermented with a
blend of saison yeast, Brettanomyces, and Lactobacillus.

Photo: rusticales.com

02. Hill Farmstead Juicy
03. Side Project Saison du Fermier
04. Ale Apothecary Sahalie
05. Hill Farmstead Civil Disobedience #5
06. Tired Hands HandFarm
07. Jester King Ol' Oi!
08. Oxbow Barrel Aged Farmhouse Pale Ale
09. Grassroots Brother Soigne
10. Crooked Stave Wild Wild Brett Violet
11. Backacre Sour Golden Ale
12. De Cam Lambiek Special
13. Peg's Barrel-Aged Pink Streets
14. Ale Apothecary La Tache
15. Crooked Stave Dry Hop L'Brett d'Or
16. Hill Farmstead Civil Disobedience #6
17. Prairie Artisan 'Merica
18. Rapp Brewing Gose
19. Oxbow Brewing Liquid Swords #7
20. Tired Hands Guillemot Prunus
21. Leelanau Good Harbor Golden Ale
22. Tired Hands Guillemot Nebula
23. BFM Sq. Rt. 225 Historical Saison
24. Goose Island 25th Anniversary Flanders Red
25. Drie Fonteinen Intense Red Oude Kriek
26. Pipeworks Flower Child
27. Girardin Fond Gueuze Bierpallieters
28. Oxbow Loretta
29. Bullfrog Oud 15
30. Prairie Artisan Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment